In Nueremberg // since 1493

  • 2013

    The Förster family (with Michael and Luise, Thomas and Carmen) have been the new innkeepers of the Röslein since 1 January 2013 and have continued the tradition to the present day.

  • 2010

    The new Bratwurst Röslein welcomes its five millionth guest! Congratulations.

  • 2006

    In August and September we celebrate the 10th anniversary and at the same time the 575th birthday of Bratwurst Röslein together with our guests.

  • 2003

    The main room undergoes complete refurbishment in October and appears in new splendor after a short renovation phase.

  • 2001

    The Bratwurst Röslein celebrates its 570th birthday.

  • 1996

    The Bratwurst Röslein reopens its doors to the public on August 12 after a one-year planning and conversion phase.
    Innkeeper: Gregor Lemke

  • 1967

    The extensive construction works for the new BRATWURST-RÖSLEIN have been completed.

  • 1965

    Extensive construction works are started for the new BRATWURST-RÖSLEIN.

  • 1945

    The bombardment on January 2, 1945, completely destroys the historical building. After the end of the war, the BRATWURST-RÖSLEIN was successfully continued by the Köhnlein couple in a provisional arrangement.

  • 1929

    The married couple, Andreas and Maria Köhnlein, takes over the restaurant from Konrad Gröschl with the water supply rights to half a bucket of water per hour from the municipal water tower near Nägeleinsmühle.

  • 1906

    First official mention as BRATWURST-RÖSLEIN.

    Photo: Sigurd Curman

  • 1831

    Johann Adam Raab sells the restaurant to Gustav Keller at a price of 12,500 guilders. The restaurant "Zu den drei Röslein" has existed since then.

  • 1815

    First official mention as RÖSLEIN.

  • bis 1600

    Albrecht Dürer – the painter, Hans Sachs – the poet, the sculptors Adam Kraft and Peter Vischer, as well as Willibald Pirckheimer, the artist, are famous regular guests.

    bis 1600
  • um 1480

    First mention of the old Nuremberg roasting kitchen "Zu den drei Rosen".

    um 1480
  • 1431

    The beer tavern house "Waizenstüblein" is first mentioned in old documents. It is integrated into the BRATWURST-RÖSLEIN later on.

  • 1332-1340

    The large city hall with the city hall chamber was erected in Burgstraße. The square where the "Gänsemännchenbrunnen" is located was called "Salzmarkt".

  • 1140-1150

    King Konrad IIl donates the monastery “Egidienkloster”. The first settlements are erected in the area around today's Rathausplatz.

  • 1040-1050

    King Henry builds an imperial castle on the "Nourinberge" and founds a market town